When our guest, Robert O’Kruk, first started his digital nomad journey, he ran into a big problem. After securing remote work in his hometown of London, Ontario, Canada, he bought a one-way ticket to Thailand. Then all of a sudden, his clients back home were dropping him one by one and he only left Canada a few months ago.
He learned quickly that this lifestyle is easy to obtain, but hard to keep. He had to figure out a way to make money fast. So while in Bali and on the verge of going broke, he discovered a way to get new clients and recover his digital nomad lifestyle.
He took these lessons and created a free online community and throws an annual mastermind retreat where he teaches aspiring digital nomads how to not only become location independent, but he teaches you how to sustain that lifestyle as well.
- How to find meaning while working and traveling.
- The 2 biggest problems people have before going remote.
- Robert’s suggestion on the easiest way to start traveling and working remote.
Robert is a world traveler while working remotely from his computer. He’s been away from home and traveling without pause for almost 14 months.
Along with his travels through another series of events and more, he decided to book a yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India. It was here during his training that his mind was open. He now runs the Digital Nomads Forum on Facebook and throws an annual mastermind/retreat called the Mindful Nomad Retreat for aspiring and experienced digital nomads.
Items Mentioned in the Show:
- Facebook Group: The Digital Nomads Forum
- Event: Mindful Nomad Retreat
- Blog: Remote Work Opportunities that Work for Everyone
- PDF: The 6 Biggest Roadblocks for Beginner Digital Nomads
- Career: Digital Marketing